January 17, 2006

Bert Bites the Big One

Bert is dead. I am not sure I have a good post about this yet or ever. It was a bad week even before I saw him dead in his bowl this morning at work.

I think his final lesson was one of community though. I shuttled him home for winter break, changed him into new larger, cleaner quarters, gave him a fresh new plant, then took him back. Not unlike switching formats on a website of any sort, it works better for some members of a community, usually new ones, than others, usually the more established ones. I am not sure that this can be sorted into a nice story about maintaining community health while bigger and better things might seem like the right cure for problems but maybe...

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Lee said...

oh no not Bert...I was thinking about him just recently...at least he had a final lesson to share...I hate you're having such a shitty day TW...

Vanda said...

Aww that's sad about Bert. Sorry you are having such a rotten time this week.

Emsxiety said...

My condolences on the loss of Bert.